This is active ‘work in progress’ which will be expanded as information is uncovered.
- From Golden Barley to Rich Malt – Explaining the basic process
- Earliest Records of Malting Activity
- Malt-making and Brewing in 18th century East Anglia
- Malting in 18th century Halesworth and the creation of the Blyth Navigation
- Developments in malting activity in early 19th century Halesworth
- Patrick Stead – a malting pioneer
- The coming of the Railway
- Developments in malting activity in Halesworth at the end of the 19th century
- The decline of malting activity in Halesworth during the 20th century
If you are able to contribute in any way – from personal memories, family histories, archive photos or malting artefacts – please get in touch via our Contribute menu.